Google Click ID (GCLID)
Did you know that conversions can also happen offline? After a customer finds your company through your ad, they may visit a physical store of your company in person to make a purchase. If you want to have a bigger picture of how your ads are impacting your sales, it’s definitely worth considering the offline conversions as well.
GCLID data reports stored in Google Analytics can be fetched along with other metrics using the GA4 API. This process is easier than you think. All you need is a Google Analytics property where you store the GCLIDs and a few lines of code.
The Google Ads API helps export GCLIDs that are not accessible in the Google Ads interface. Using the Google Ads API reports, you can easily obtain the GCLIDs of those who clicked on your ads and use them to improve the efficiency of your campaigns and ads.
Microsoft Click ID (MSCLKID)
Storing the MSCLKID in GA4 is important because it allows you to track the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns and understand how users interact with your website. You can use Google Analytics 4 reports along with the MSCLKID and use it to make decisions about your advertising campaigns.
Auto-tagging is a feature in Microsoft Ads that automatically adds tracking parameters to the destination URLs of your ads. MSCLKID tracking allows you to track the performance of your ads. It provides detailed information about clicks, impressions, and conversions.
PPC Posts You May Have Missed
We’re highlighting some great posts regarding PPC every month so you won’t miss anything!
PhraseON-PPC at its best!
Manage your Search Terms and Negative Keywords in Google Ads at Scale.
Apply for the FREE Beta and see how it works for your own google ads search term data:
- Detect poor performing search patterns on N-gram level and add them with one click across multiple accounts
- Make use of all available conversion actions to analyze performance
- Enrich existing negative keyword lists with close variants and semantic similar words
- Automatically add negative keywords based on rules
- Route the traffic between campaigns with logical entity lists
- Simulate the effects of negative keyword lists before you publish them into accounts